CMD has a state of art cybercafé and the services are available to the following prospective users:
- CMD Staff;
- Registered members of the Library; (token fee)
- General public; (token fee)
- Programme participants;
- CMD Staff children; and
- Visitors to the Centre. (token fee)
The Cyber Cafe has a total number of 25 computer systems at present and more are being expected.
In addition, it has the following equipments
- Hp laser jet enterprises P3015N printer;
- Hp colour laser jet CP1215 printer;
- Hp scanjet G4050 photo scanner, and
- Laminating machine
- Internal browsing;
- Downloading of information; and
POLICIES OF THE CYBERCAFE
Official Opening Hours:
Ø The CMD Café is open to CMD staff 10.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.
Ø Dependant relatives/ICT staff 02.00 p.m. – 4.00 p.m.
Ø Other users with receipts are allowed between 09.00 am – 4.00 p.m.
Ø Registered Participants of all training courses 09.00am – 4.00 p.m.
UNAUTHORISED USE OF THE CYBERCAFE
Authorised users shall not use CMD’s internet or e-mail services to subscribe, view, download, save, receive or send material related to or including:
- Downloading from the internet anything that jeopardises the network systems or other IT services;
- Offensive content of any kind, including pornographic materials;
- Illegal activities with respect to the law;
- Gambling, sports and online entertainment site;
- Personal financial gain;
- Trade secrets;
- Material protected under copyright laws;
- Letter bombs;
- Threatening or violent behavior.